Friday, October 1, 2010

My First Visit to the Italian Alps

My first visit to this area was in March of 2009. My friends and I flew into Milan on an all-inclusive Club Med Vacation to the Sestriere, home of the 2006 Olympics.


And as corny and predictable as my life has always been, I fell in love with my Snowboard instructor. In the short chairlift rides to the top of the piste, he told me about life in the mountains.  



I was curious to know what he did when not instructing, besides being handsome.  He worked on his family's farm tending to the animals and producing the amazing Toma cheese native to the area...as if having green eyes wasn't enough, he was also a championship skier, ski and snowboard instructor, manly organic farmer and experienced beekeeper. But.......he had a girlfriend...from Milano. I had an amazing time on that vacation, but unfortunately left without even a little peck on the cheek. 


During the next few months to remind of me of my beautiful vacation in the mountains, I set the photo below as my desktop background on my computer at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, I appreciate your taking time to comment, thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts